The Grand Forks region is the hub of North Dakota’s northeast corner. It has historically been defined by the Red River - From the steamboats of the 1800s bringing its first settlers to the historic flood of 1997 responsible for reshaping and reenergizing the region’s economic growth.
The region bridges the gap between successful business opportunities and outstanding quality of life. Whether living in Grand Forks or one of the smaller communities in the region, you'll enjoy abundant amenitites and Midwestern qualities.
- Safety. We are consistently ranked among the most secure places in the U.S. for communities our size.
- Education. Public schools systems have long-standing commitments to excellence and continue to educate students who exceed state and national averages on graduation rates, college entrance exams, and achievement tests.
- Housing. You'll find housing options at multiple price points.
- Diversity. Ethnic and age diversity enrich the community and opportunities for a variety of cultural experiences.
- Seasons. You will quickly enjoy the variety of seasonal activities we do with our four distinct seasons (including winter).