The Grand Forks region has a rich history of innovative research. Collaborative public and private partnerships are resulting in groundbreaking solutions and commercial opportunities for entrepreneurs. Within the University of North Dakota, as well as among the business community, regional investment in research and development exceeds $150 million.
The state of North Dakota has invested in research through its Centers of Research Excellence program – Grand Forks is home to eight of the state’s 20 centers.
The Red River Valley Research Corridor, anchored to the north by Grand Forks, works with public universities and business & industry to:
- promote research opportunities, resource sharing, and development and training
- develop an ongoing forum for exchanging information and combining resources
- support comprehensive education and training to assist business development
Grand Forks Advantage
- home to innovative research university, the University of North Dakota
- commitment to research and development investment permeates community
- the region’s only BSL-3 laboratory space, available for short-term lease, in the UND REAC building, a facility designed specifically to support life sciences research enterprises